ADSM-L

Using Access Authorizations to distribute client updates

1995-02-24 08:57:00
Subject: Using Access Authorizations to distribute client updates
From: "Jon C. Austin" <TSSJCA AT SYSA.ADM.DUKE DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 08:57:00 EST
We're a distributed organization, meaning that we in providing
ADSM at a server level do not directly control all of our clients.

We're trying to fashion a distribution method via ADSM, and were
looking toward grabbing and storing code updates from index.systor
on a local RS/6000, backing it up into ADSM MVS server, and letting
clients have restore access to specific directories.

 Has anyone got this working?? Are there particulars about how
various flavors of clients can access the data (can a netware
get the file from an AIX for example). Any experiences and
guideance is greatly appreciated.

|  Jon Austin                             TSSJCA AT SYSA.ADM.DUKE DOT EDU   |
|  Systems Programmer, DUCC                -or- @DUKE.BITNET         |
|  314 North Building, Box 90133                                     |
|  Duke University                           phone   (919)660-7024   |
|  Durham, NC  27708-0133                    fax     (919)660-7021   |
|               Duke University: Birthplace of 'USENET'              |