ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-02-24 03:34:50
From: Kees Koopman <koopmac AT HOOGOVENS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 03:34:50 EST
Subject: Poor restore perf, ruzise, VTAM parms.

Chris&Bill thank you for your suggestions.
I have lifted up the VTAM rusize, and reviewed the NCP paramters.
(Strange that the ADSM Implementation Examples Guide shows a VTAM modetable
with rusize of only 256).
It seems to help (to a certain extent):
Restore transmission speed is now about 7K/sec. (was 1.2K)
Backup speed is now about 140K/sec (was 120K).
Both are done in about te same time (working ours).
I still find it strange that there is a factor 20 (!) difference between
backup and restore speed. What is going on?????????
Kees
Hoogovens, The Netherlands.