ADSM-L

incl/excl

1995-02-22 18:34:31
Subject: incl/excl
From: "R. Alexander" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 18:34:31 EST
We have been experimenting with tailoring the
file systems that a garden variety user sees on
the adsm client display.

We have tried an include/exclude file.  We have tried
virtual mount points.  We have tried "domain" statements.
Nothing changes.  Always, all of the local file systems
are displayed.

Since this is our first DSM.OPT, it may be that we have
errors in the file.  How does one find any lines that
DSM must reject because of a syntax or other problem?

Also, can one use the $HOME variable name in one of the
above contructs to have just the user's home directory
be displayed?

Any light will be appreciated.

R.

Richard Alexander                         phone: (518) 276-6785
Mgr, High Performance Computing           fax: (518) 276-2809
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute          Internet: alexar AT rpi DOT edu