ADSM-L

Moving mvs database and recovery log

1995-02-15 11:24:37
Subject: Moving mvs database and recovery log
From: Bob Klein <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 11:24:37 EST
We are in the process of upgrading our disk hardware and we want
to move our mvs adsm server database and recovery logs to new
disk volumes and change their names slightly as we do so.  The
documentation describes how to make mirror copies, but does not
discuss copying the information to another data set, deleting the
original and making the copy the original.  From the
documentation, it appears that the only way to do this would be
to bring down the server, run the server task in install mode
(after allocating the new data sets), copy the contents of vsam
data sets containing the db and log information to the new data
sets, and then restart adsm.  Is there any way to move this
information with the server in operation, or at least not
have to start up adsm in intall mode?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607