ADSM-L

ADSM client for DEC OSF/1 AXP

1995-02-10 04:27:45
Subject: ADSM client for DEC OSF/1 AXP
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT GSI DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 10:27:45 +0100
Hello,

We are waiting for an ADSM client for VMS and DEC OSF/1.
Can anybody tell me if there is a chance in 1995 ?

In the meantime we are helping ourselves.
We took an ULTRIX client, converted with DECmigrate to OSF/1 AXP and run.

There is one major problem with it:
After some 15700 files dsm hangs or stops, regardless of number or type of
files.

dsm (GUI) : X-Window appears: "Process killed!"
dsmc incr : endless loop, no action
dsmc sched: coredump and crash.

I am just telling, not much hope somebody can help me.
At least I want to see if there is an OSF/1 client in the near future.

Thank You.

Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6151 359-2519
GSI, Darmstadt                 internet: M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de