ADSM-L

Re: Request for Information

1995-02-09 16:18:43
Subject: Re: Request for Information
From: yves <CCYT AT VM1.SI.USHERB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 16:18:43 EST
I, My name is Yves of Sherbrooke University, Canada Quebec. I have ADSM
server Installed on VM server since October 93. I have many platform
taken in backup :

     Aix on RS/60000 : release 3.2.4 and 3.2.5 ...... 60 stations
     Novell          : release 3.11,3.12,4.1x  ...... 7 stations
     Windows         : release 3.1 and 3.11    ...... 25 stations
     Dos             :                                5 stations
     Os2 and Warp    : release 2.0,2.1 and 3.0 ...... 8 stations
     MacIntosh       :                                3 stations

                             Total :                 108 Stations

I have about 350 Gig of data backed up on my server.
Many platform take backup 2 times in a week, and others each working day.

The transfer rate between client and server is good on all platform,except
some Novell station.

 I must install a new department in next month with Sun-Solaris, HP,Mac,
Dos,Aix,Windows and os/2 in next month : 150 Gigs more

 Some client restored all disk with adsm successfully and are enjoy.....

       Novell : restore all Novell server on new disk with adsm client
                Note : we make 3 minimal diskettes to reboot machine
                       and call adsm client with tcpip protocol

       Aix    : 5 clients restored  all /home after scratch disk
       Windows : many users restored all disks on pc station
                 after scratch, virus or reorganization fdisk.
                Client boot station with 1 diskette with windows
                kit on novell station and winsock protocol.

       Os/2,warp : Many users restored all system and boot correctly after.
                   Client boot station with 3 minimal diskette.

    In bref , Clients are very happy to use ADSM, Good product...

 We migrate on ADSM-6000 server in the last quarter of this year

                                            Yves

Yves Tremblay
Universite de Sherbrooke
Quebec, Canada
Administrateur de Adsm
Courrier : CCYT AT vm1.si.usherb DOT ca ou ytrembla AT aix1.si.usherb DOT ca