ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT, SUNOS questions

1995-02-07 16:36:03
Subject: Re: Windows NT, SUNOS questions
From: Chris Krusch <Chris.Krusch AT UBC DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 13:36:03 -0800
At 11:13 AM 2/7/95 -0500, David G. Kalenderian wrote:
>Question 1:
>
> The last time I checked there was no ADSM Windows NT client. Is there
> one in the works? Also, will the current ADSM Windows client work
> on an NT machine?
>
>Question 2:
> Are there specific memory requirements (minimum and preferred) for the
> ADSM UNIX SUNOS client?
>
>Thanks,
>David Kalenderian
>SPG/MIT

We run the windows client on an NT machine. It backs up everthing just
fine, but since it's a windows 3.1 client, NT goes through it's file
truncation scheme to shorten any file names down to 8.3 characters.

Wouldn't count on the ability for complete disaster recovery or restoration
of proper file attributes, but in a crunch it's better than nothing.

Chris Krusch                             Email: Chris.Krusch AT ubc DOT ca
University Computing Services            Phone: (604)822-4215