ADSM-L

Windows ADSM Client and Trumpet TCP/IP

1995-02-06 14:01:56
Subject: Windows ADSM Client and Trumpet TCP/IP
From: "Amy Lim Weaver (408) 256-0284 t/l 276-0284" <alim AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 11:01:56 PST
>> Has anyone had success using the Trumpet TCP/IP under Windows and the ADSM
>> Windows client? We can start a backup but shortly after the PC locks up.

Hi John,

I had success using the Trumpet TCP/IP under Windows and the ADSM
Windows client.

What level/version is your Trumpet TCP/IP and the ADSM Windows client?
What packet driver (ethernet, SLIP or token ring etc) are you using?
Last I know, only ethernet and SLIP packet driver types are supported.
And the token ring is only available via the IBMTOKEN packet driver.

Get an ADSM trace with trace flag set to comm, and send the trace file
to me.  Also, send me your autoexec.bat and let me know about your
configuration such as  your PacketVector (which you configure via TCPMAN)
has to match the packet driver you specified in autoexec.bat.

In my case, I use IBMTOKEN, and in my autoexec.bat, I have a line:
D:\IBMCOM\IBMTOKEN 0X62, and my PacketVector is also 0X62.

Hope this helps ...

Regards,
Amy L. Weaver
Team ADSM