ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-02-03 04:48:30
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 04:48:30 EST
Jacek,

>i downloaded ADSM API for OS/2 from Compuserve. But it surprised me that
>the sample program is to be compiled under Microsoft C 6.0. Not
>discourage i tried my first application with just one call to adsm. I am
>using IBM C++/2. Very soon I discovered that header files suplied are
>also not for IBM C compiler, all my trials to change function
>declarations to conforma to IBM C with tilled 16bit memory come to
>nothing. I kept getting the message that OS/2 is getting trouble while
>Q: had someone ported headers to IBM C (ver. 2.0) so it works, or is
>there (or will be soon) available API for this compiler.

I've (somewhat) successfully used the toolkit with the IBM C/C++ compiler.
What I've done is to declare all the functions as _Far16 _Cdecl and
wherever a pointer is used, I also use the _Seg16 directive (on the
pointer declaration).

I made a program that I can get to work _sometimes_, and I can't figure
out what is wrong with it. So I wouldn't recommend that you get my
include-files, because there might be errors in them.

What version of the toolkit have you got? The one I have is version 1.1.0.
I've tried to get a newer version, but so far I haven't been able to.

Regards,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark