ADSM-L

Access to Multiple Backup Copies

1995-01-24 12:59:04
Subject: Access to Multiple Backup Copies
From: "Jamie Sonsini (PROFS: JAS Phone: x3572)" <9531SONS AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 09:59:04 PST
I'm quite new to ADSM and would apprciate some clarification....

In looking through the backup "policy" information we have "Versions Data
Exists" set to 2 versions. This would seem like we've got 2 "levels" of
incremental backups. Using my Macintosh client I can't seem to see a way to
"access" the various levels.

For example...

If I create file A on Monday and run an incremental backup that evening, then
change file A on Tuesday and run an incremental backup that evening then on
Wedesday I realize that I want to restore Monday's copy ... how do I do this?

I've checked my User Guide and haven't recognized anything as being
instructions on this.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
                                      Jamie Sonsini