ADSM-L

Error during restore||

1995-01-20 11:39:00
Subject: Error during restore||
From: Klaus Dilper +49 721 608 4040 <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 16:39:00 LCL
Hi folks,

today I had to restore a full filesystem of a HP-machine.
I tried to restore with the following command:

      dsmc restore -subdir=yes -repl=yes "/system/user/"

After restoring a few files I got following message:

      ANS4313E Size estimate exceeded

Error description of ANS4313:

Explanation: The total amount for data of a bachup or
archive operation exceeds the estimated size orginallly
sent to the server for allocating data storage space.
This happens when many files are growing by large
amounts while the backup or archive operation is in
session.

System Action: Processing stopped.

User Response: Retry operation. If the problem continues,
check, what other processes are running on the client machine
that might be generating large amounts of data. It might be necessary
to disable those operations while the backup or archive operation
is taking place.

Now to the situation:

I was definitely doing a restore processing, not a backup or archive||
There were no other processes or sessions running during restore time
on the client AND the server|

Any suggestions are welcome|

Klaus