ADSM-L

Moving a "filespace" between users

1995-01-18 15:58:56
Subject: Moving a "filespace" between users
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 15:58:56 EST
Is there a command I can use to change the backup of a filespace from
belonging to one node to belonging to another?

I've run into two sets of circumstances in which this would be handy:

1)  An external disk is actually moved from one machine to another (our
    users seem to do this a lot), or
2)  Two users are backing up under the same node name and we need to
    straighten out the resultant mess ("I just copied the ADSM folder
    from somebody else's Mac and started using it").

In either case, I can delete the moved filespace and do a fresh backup,
but it seems a waste of resources.