ADSM-L

Macintosh Experience?

1995-01-13 15:42:12
Subject: Macintosh Experience?
From: "Jamie Sonsini (PROFS: JAS Phone: x3572)" <9531SONS AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 12:42:12 PST
Hi folks -

We have just begun experimenting with ADSM. I've twice now, in as many days,
had my Macintosh "hang" while running ADSM so I thought I'd check with this
list and see if others have had similar experiences or some ideas. Some
background:

      I'm using a PowerMac 7100 running Mac OS system 7.5 and have version
      2.0.4 of MacTCP running (over a local departmental e'net). I have
      16 MB of memory (not all being used) and was backing up around 200 MB
      of my hard drive.

      I'm running ADSM 1.1.0.18 (PFT IP20126)

      Our "host" system is running VM/CMS and release 1 of their side of the
      ADSM software.

Once my system is "hung" it appears that all of my TCP/IP connections are
dropped (ie. Mosaic client is hung, Tn3270 client is hung). Prior to this
event everything seems to be working fine.

Does anyone see any "mismatches" in versions, etc? Or, have any ideas?

Thanks much,
                                      Jamie Sonsini
                                      IS&C, Computer Center
                                      UC Santa Barbara