ADSM-L

When does include/exclude work?

1995-01-12 16:39:45
Subject: When does include/exclude work?
From: Vern Maxson <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 16:39:45 EST
I have ADSM running on an AIX server and am backing up an AIX client.
I have an     Inclexcl    /etc/adsm.inclexcl.def
statement coded in the  /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.sys  file on the client.,

If I try to backup excluded files as a user on the client, I am told
that the files are excluded, as it should.  But, when I schedule an
incremental backup from the server, it ignores the include/exclude
list.  I can't find anything in the documentation that says it should
behave one way or the other.  Is there any way I can get ADSM to
respect the include/exclude list?