ADSM-L

Re: Integrating ADSM with a 3494 tape drive

1995-01-11 09:21:04
Subject: Re: Integrating ADSM with a 3494 tape drive
From: Darren Fuson <darren_fuson AT MAILLINK.CMIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 10:21:04 EDT
Here at CMIC we are using a 3494 tape robot with ADSM running under AIX
on an RS/6000.  The 3490 drives contained in the robot are connected to
the RS/6000 through a Fast-Wide SCSI adapter (20 MB/Sec) that is available
from IBM.  There are some drivers that also must be installed in AIX to
allow the operating system to use the 3490's.  We have experienced no major
problems using either the 3490 cartridge drives or the 3494 tape robotics.

Darren Fuson
Community Mutual Insurance Company
Mail  : dfuson AT cmic DOT com
Phone : (513) 872-8142

FROM:  Peter Hadikin (HDIP9235)
       (604) 432-8452

Has anybody integrated ADSM with the 3494/5 tape robot? If so, what is
involved with getting ADSM to talk with the drives? Do you use the DSMEXIT
machines? Any sample code would be helpful if anybody has done this already.

Thanks and have a great week, Peter.

BC Institute of Technology
Computer Resources
3700 Willingdon Avenue