ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-01-11 10:13:58
From: Vince Allio <usboacvb AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 10:13:58 EST
Subject: NFS and ADSM OS/2 client

Hello all,

We have a client backing up a NFS mounted volume on an OS/2 workstation.
For certain files (always the same ones) ADSM says the file has changed
during backup.  The files, in fact, have not changed for months. An
excerpt from an ADSM trace ran during backup shows:

SendFileData: verifying attributes for file: J:\rgunning\csc\boa_ptr_re
fioCmpAttribs: Attribute comparison of two files/dirs
Attribute        Old        New
---------        ---        ---
 Mod Time      31624      10537
 Mod Time      31624      10537
 Mod Date       6770      10697
 File size      3524       3524
 EA size           0          0
 Attrib    D N R H S A D N R H S A
 BitMask   - - - - - - - - - - - -

 -->Attribs different: returning ATTRIBS_BACKUP

Any ideas?

PS: If we had an AT&T/NCR ADSM client, we could back up the client
    directly.

Vince Allio   (510)675-5614   USBOACVB@IBMMAIL   Bank of America
Vince Allio   (510)675-5614   USBOACVB@IBMMAIL   Bank of America