ADSM-L

ADSM-Client with MS-Windows 3.11

1994-12-20 09:04:41
Subject: ADSM-Client with MS-Windows 3.11
From: Hans Pfleger <Hans.Pfleger AT WU-WIEN.AC DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 13:04:41 -0100
Hi wizzards,

it's the first time I installed ADSM-Client for Windows Version 1.2.05 from
Dec. 1994 (I also tried Version 1.2.03 from Sept. 94) on a Dec Pentium
running Windows for Workgroups 3.11 and Pc/tcp 2.3 from Ftp. Installing is
easy and the client comes up. But it is impossible to restore files < 30kB.
I will receive either a TCPIP communication failure or the system hangs
without any message. I tried some different winsock.dll's (org. Ftp winsock
or shareware winsock) and the only difference is the pc will stop operation
with or without errormessage.

Is there someone netwide who runs 3.11 and pc/tcp from ftp without errors?

All other of our MS-Windows-User works with Windows 3.1 (running PC/TCP 2.3
from Ftp) without problems.

Hans Pfleger                                      pfleger AT wu-wien.ac DOT at
WU-Wien, EDV-Zentrum, Abt. zentr. Infrastruktur  Tel. ++43 1 31336/4105
University Of Economics And Business Administration Vienna, Austria

Even my 8-year old can do math more accurately than a Pentium ;)