ADSM-L

Inventory client file Expiration

1994-12-15 15:13:07
Subject: Inventory client file Expiration
From: "Joanne T. Nguyen" <jtn AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 12:13:07 PST
>Our VM Adsm server performs Inventory client file expiration processing
>roughly every 75 to 100 minutes. During the time it is running it uses 35-45%
>of our CPU resources. It is impacting our on-line response during the day. Is
>there any way to control the time at which this beast does this processing?
>Are other people encountering the same situation? We are currently running
>ADSM server V1 R1 Level 0.11/1.11 on a VM/ESA R2.1 SL 9403 system.

On the OS/2 ADSM server, you can specify in the DSMSERV.OPT:

  EXPINterval hours

where hours is the number of hours between automatic inventory expiration
runs.  Minimum value is 0, no automatic expiration.  Maximum value is 336
hours which is 14 days.  Default value is 1 hour.  Give this a try.

Joanne Nguyen
jtn AT vnet.ibm DOT com