ADSM-L

MVS ADSM server hangs CA-SCHEDULR (CA-7)

1994-12-14 14:44:13
Subject: MVS ADSM server hangs CA-SCHEDULR (CA-7)
From: "Ian L. Blumgart" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 14:44:13 EST
From: Ian Blumgart

We just recently installed MVS ADSM and we've discovered that
when there's a significant processing load and ADSM is brought
up then our CA-SCHEDULAR (a.k.a. CA-7) gets hung.  Symptoms
include not being able to submit jobs and not being able to
completely dump CA-SCHEDULR's address space.  Once ADSM is halted
the symptoms go away completely.  No error messages are generated
and no abends occur.  ADSM itself operates without problems.  No
enqueues waits are detected (via CA-LOOK) and no excessive
resource consumptions are observed.  Anyone with an idea?  Thanks.

-Ian Blumgart
 Administrative Computer Center
 Administrative Computer Center
 University of Maryland