ADSM-L

Netware Halted in restore

1994-12-14 11:57:24
Subject: Netware Halted in restore
From: yves Tremblay <CCYT AT VM1.SI.USHERB DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 11:57:24 EST
Urgent * * Urgent * * Urgent * *

I want to migrate my novell 3.11 in a other Pc ( Migrate from 486 33Mhz to
Pentium 66 Mhz ). I install minimum on pentium to run ADSM client for netware
. When i try to restore files ( all files on a directory on some files whatever
) my server break down
           Novell Answer : system Halted
                           Abend Stack Fault processor exception ( code 0000000
                           Netware V3.11
                           running prosess dsmc.nlm
                           stack : 3E 64 DF 00 00 00 00 00
                                   14 64 DF ........
I have the same version of NLM like my old server, and my old server is able to
restore any files. I try with netware client 1.1.18, 1.2.3 and 1.2.4, and i

check before to update version of Clib,tli,streams,....etc.....

Result : i don't able to use Adsm to restore my old server backed with adsm
         on my new pentium server.

         Sometimes the server break down after restoring 1 meg, sometimes
         after only some Kb, I don't know exactly what is the problem ??

         A answer as soon as possible will be appreciate,
                                    Thanks...... Yves