ADSM-L

AFS and ADSM/6000 install

1994-12-08 10:42:24
Subject: AFS and ADSM/6000 install
From: "R. Alexander" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 10:42:24 EST
RPI is a heavy user of AFS.  We install almost everything
in AFS space and then put symlinks in the "normal" places so
that executables and files for program products can be found.
The advantage of this method is that we conserve disk space
if the product is going to be installed on more than one server.
The ODM represents one point of weakness with this method

In the case of ADSM, is there any experience putting either
server or client code in AFS?

I would appreciate any feedback whatsoever!

Thanks in advance,
Richard Alexander                         phone: (518) 276-6785
Mgr, High Performance Computing           fax: (518) 276-2809
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute          Internet: alexar AT rpi DOT edu