ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-12-01 09:04:27
From: Amadeus Forums <dehtpnmk AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 09:04:27 EST
From: Amadeus Forums AT MUCVM1 <dehtpnmk AT ibmmail DOT com>
Subject: Access to archived data on MVS/VM

Amadeus FORUMS for DAVID BLACK :

Is there anyway to get data stored on an MVS or VM
 server directly from MVS or VM.We have an RS/6000
 which we back up via ADSM, several of our users
 would like  to use the same files in either MVS or VM
 but, as the originals & older versions have been deleted
 on AIX, they wish to retrieve directly.So far I can
 only see that they must restore them via the AIX client
 and FTP them.Firstly I don't think a MVS or VM client
 exists and I am not sure if the transfer between unlike
 file systems would be allowed.

Has anyone tried this???

Tia,
Dave Black                             osg023 at mucvm1
                                       dehtpz79 at ibmmail
                                       dehtpz79 AT ibmmail DOT com