ADSM-L

Re: USERS for adsmadm

1994-11-30 11:39:43
Subject: Re: USERS for adsmadm
From: Hans Pfleger <Hans.Pfleger AT WU-WIEN.AC DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 15:39:43 -0100
>Hello,

>  I would like to know if i can let a user be an adsm admin under aix
>  without giving him root access.  As i see in the documentation the
>  USERS command reffers only to adsm itself not to the admin GUI,
>  and i can't find any other way for specifing admin users.

I have solved this Problem with a 'adsm' group. We have 3 policy-domains
with 3 admins. All of this admins are members of the adsm-group and I set
the files located in /usr/lpp/adsm/ and /usr/lpp/adsm/bin to owner root and
group adsm.

On next step, create a directory with write access to adsm-group and open
read-access for all users (i.e. /tmp/adsm). This dir allows my policy-admins
to restore files without root-access and handle this files with their owner.

++hp

Hans Pfleger                                      pfleger AT wu-wien.ac DOT at
WU-Wien, EDV-Zentrum, Abt. zentr. Infrastruktur  Tel. ++43 1 31336/4105
University Of Economics And Business Administration Vienna, Austria

You know, you come from nothing
-you are going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!     E. Idle
What have you lost? Nothing!     E. Idle