ADSM-L

problem with IBM Lanserver v3?

1994-11-16 18:19:03
Subject: problem with IBM Lanserver v3?
From: David Derk <derk AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 15:19:03 PST
>I've got an ADSM user on an OS/2 box who's having a strange problem...when
>he starts up his OS/2 client, his LANSERVER v3 mounted disk storage shows
>up as available and everything appears to be kosher.  However, if he tries
>to select the disks he has mounted, the first one works OK, but the second
>one disappears from the selection menu!  It leaves the % used, etc. fields
>blank.

Paul,
    When a drive is selected ADSM will go out and query the
information for that drive to make sure the current information for
that drive is still correct.  A floppy disk may have been switched
or a remote drive may have been un-mounted or remapped.
When you selected the drive ADSM may have noticed that the drive is
no longer available.  There should be some indication of the reason
in the label field such as 'no label' or 'Drive not available'.
'Drive not available' will occur when the connection to the drive is
dropped or the mount was deleted.

    If there is no indication in the label field check the
dsmerror.log for any error messages related to querying the
filesystem.
If you still have a problem you can contact me directly.

--David Derk--
derk AT vnet.ibm DOT com
derk AT vnet.ibm DOT com