ADSM-L

ADSM client under DEC/OSF1 ??

1994-10-28 12:56:31
Subject: ADSM client under DEC/OSF1 ??
From: MJ Lopatin <lopatin AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 09:56:31 PDT
> Our users are asking for the support of ADSM client under DEC/OSF1.
> Is it IBM's intent to provide DEC/OSF1 client and if yes is there
> any information on when that will be out ?

The DEC/OSF1 client is on our list of potential future clients,
because we have heard of the need for it, especially in Europe.
However, there is no timetable for when we could deliver a
DEC/OSF1 client at this time.

You may want to investigate the DEC Migrate package, sold by DEC.
It converts a DEC Ultrix image file to an OSF image file.  We don't
have DEC Migrate here yet, and can make no claims about it.  However,
an ADSM customer told us he converted our DEC Ultrix client using
DEC Migrate, and the client worked fine for him on OSF1,
with only one problem: the native OSF file system showed up as
UNKNOWN in the GUI menu, but it still was backed up and restored
properly by ADSM. Again, we can't verify what this customer
says yet, but it might be worth a try if you are really desperate.

If you do end up trying DEC Migrate, could you please post the
results here? Thanks.

MJ Lopatin
ADSM Client Development