ADSM-L

IPX/SPX comm method for Novell Client

1994-10-26 17:02:58
Subject: IPX/SPX comm method for Novell Client
From: "Steven P. Roder" <TKSSTEVE AT UBVM.CC.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 1994 17:02:58 EDT
Hi All,

     I would like to backup a Netware 3.11 server here, but it is not
running TCPIP.  The latest version of the Netware Client has an option
in the DSM.SMP called IPXSPX, which needs IPXSERVERADDRESS and IPXSOCKET.
This commmethod is not in the manual that I have.  Was it added since?
Can I use this commmethod to backup to my Server on VM?  If so how?  If
not, then I would think I need to get TCPIP running on the server...

Thanks,

Steve
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | [email protected] | (716)645-3564)