ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-10-19 20:42:18
From: Vince Allio <usboacvb AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 20:42:18 EDT
Hello again,
  I've resolved question (1) and (2) below so that we do not need
  to issue AVS CNOS commands for OS/2 APPC clients.  Took us about
  three days and some help from IBM to do this.

  I'm still looking for a good answer to #3 and would appreciate any
  help.

>Hello all,
>
>We are running ADSM with a VM Server and have some questions.
>

>1) Is there anyway not to have to issue an AVS CNOS command for each
>   and every LU that wants to talk to ADSM/VM via APPC?
>
>2) Is there anyway to avoid issuing the AVS CNOS command again after
>   the workstation is powered on/off?
>
>3) When starting the OS/2 client scheduler, is there an easy way to
>   have it wait for Comm. Manager to establish SNA services before
>   attempting to talk to the server?  We can put together a little
>   REXX to do this, but if there is something built into Comm. Manager
>   or ADSM I'd rather use that.

Vince Allio
Bank of America (510) 675-5614
IBMMAIL(USBOACVB) or USBOACVB AT IBMMAIL DOT COM