ADSM-L

Excluding files from backup on MAC Clients

1994-10-12 21:10:04
Subject: Excluding files from backup on MAC Clients
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 18:10:04 PDT
Re: Note from you attached below

Abi,

>I want to exclude the entire contents of a file from backup on a MAC Client.
>Specifically I want the entire contents of my Trash
>to be excluded.
>
>Exclude "...:Trash:*"
>
>the files in Trash are excluded, but the folders in Trash are still backed up!
>
>I also tried the ...: option, so it read
>
>Exclude "...:Trash:...:*"

Using the line
   Exclude  "...:Trash:...:*"
should exclude everything in the Trash folder, including nested folders.
But, due to the way incremental backups work, the folder entries will
still be backed up.  After you've emptied the Trash, the next incremental
backup will expire those folder entries (but the files were never backed up).

I hope this helps...

Brett