ADSM-L

Re: TAPEPROMPT Change?

1994-10-11 19:27:13
Subject: Re: TAPEPROMPT Change?
From: david boyes <dboyes AT WOOD.HELIOS.ND DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 18:27:13 -0500
> It would be nice for the retrieve/restore to honor TAPEPROMPT.  It
> *might* even be good for the backup/archive to honor it, but for the
> scheduler component to honor it by default is ridiculous.

I'll second this one. The whole point behind the scheduler is to
do unattended operations without human interventions. Prompting
for tape mount waits is patently silly given that assumption --
you will *always* want to wait because there isn't a human around
to agree or disagree.

Change this one back, folks. It's BAD (broken as designed).