ADSM-L

Note from you attached below

1994-10-07 11:54:02
Subject: Note from you attached below
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 08:54:02 PDT
Hans,

>Your ideas sound like they will work, so we're going to implement them
>today. It is inconvenient that we have to remember if a file has been
>moved, and restore from the old filespace when we are going to restore,
>but we can live with that. I would have liked a way of renaming the
>files on the server, and I thought that I could maybe write a utility
>myself with the ADSM toolkit for OS/2 that I picked up a while back.

Since there is now a RENAME FILESPACE command on the server, you could
rename the current filespace on the server to the new filespace.  An
incremental backup on the new filespace would inactivate all the files not
on the new filespace.  For the old filespace, you just do a new backup.
But you'll lose old version of files on the old filespace.  Just another
idea...

>The toolkit I have is version 1.1.0, so I thought that I'd upgrade it
>from the FTP-server, but public access to the /adsm/toolkits directory
>seems to have been taken away. Do you know if this has been done on
>purpose, and if so, why?

I don't why access has been taken away...

Brett