ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Restore on AIX

1994-09-14 15:01:48
Subject: Re: ADSM Restore on AIX
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 15:01:48 EDT
On Wed, 14 Sep 1994 17:30:00 +0100 Matthias Feyerabend said:
>Removing filesystems from DOMAIN statements and reappearing them some scheduled
>operations later, does this make ADSM think, they are new filesystems and
>need incremental backups, nevertheless they have backups and didn't change
>since then ?

Okay, now I understand what you've done.  I suspect that when you removed
the filesystem from the DOMAIN, that the next time you ran an ADSM
incremental backup ADSM marked all of the files in that filesystem as
inactive.  Then later, when you re-added the filesystem to the domain,
ADSM then had to re-back them all up.

It sounds like your assumption was that by removing the filesystem from the
DOMAIN, ADSM would simply ignore that filesystem.  However, I think ADSM
actually marks such files as inactive.  Can someone from IBM verify or deny
this?

..Paul