ADSM-L

Help

1994-09-08 10:50:33
Subject: Help
From: Michel Gaillard <Michel.Gaillard AT ANSF.ALCATEL DOT FR>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 14:50:33 GMT
Good morning everybody,

We run ADSM server on VM (V1R1 Level 0.8) and the clients are AIX/ SunOS/ HP-UX
 OS/2 and Novell.
All these clients are backuped every nite thru ADSM and two days ago we had a
 problem on one of the Suns.
This machine is running SunOS 4.12 and the ADSM client is V1R2 Level 0.3 with a
 IBM provided fix (3169) for compressed files (.Z)

So we tried to restore a complete filesystem and we encountered the following
 problem making the restore impossible ...
this is the last lines of the restore command printed on the screen.. the
 restore command just stops after this.

Restoring            0 /users/las40309/cil/var0309/var/adm/aculog  Done
Restoring          814
 /users/las40309/ayadi1/desktop/Claude.cab/MACTEV.drw/Documentation.fdr/EthNB40i
 nt.drw/[email protected]  Done
Restoring      333,091
 /users/las40309/ayadi1/desktop/Claude.cab/MACTEV.drw/Documentation.fdr/EthNB40i
 nt.drw/Rapport.boo/body.doc Assertion failed: file "restproc.c", line 2248

Our Software support in France tells us that a similar problem occured for a
 Novell client and the problem is that the file is already in use !! but this is
 notthe case here the server is being restored and nothing is running !!

So is this a known problem and if yes could I have a version correcting that ?
if no what is the timescale ?

This is really a BIG problem and kind of Urgent also
If we are able to backup files with ADSM but we can't restore them ...
there is something wrong !!

Cheers, michel