ADSM-L

3490E - Anyone ?

1994-09-07 18:37:41
Subject: 3490E - Anyone ?
From: Deba Patnaik <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 18:37:41 EDT
We are using 3490E drives with extended cartridges. ADSM/VM server level is at
level 0.8. I have defined the mode to be 3490C and Estimated Capacity 800MB
and originally I had the length set to ESCCST. With ESCCST, the volume capacity
was about 1400MB to 1600MB. After upgrading to 0.8 level, the server started
complaining about the media length - and I talked to level 2 and we figured
may be we better set the LENGTH to ANY.

Now I notice that the volume occupancy  stays around 800MB. My question is
should I increase the estimated capacity - since I know from previous volume
that the extended cartridges can hold around 1600MB ?

--deba
IBM:
IBM:
(AT&T other day presented their solution for Banyan backup, I hope ADSM will
 have it soon. Other vendors are: FDR/Upstream, Harbor and Legato)