ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-09-07 03:50:14
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 03:50:14 EDT
Hello again.

Another question. We've really started to use ADSM now, and the CPU usage
on the host has increased from around 1,5 hours to 24 hours per month.

When I examine the distribution of CPU usage during the day, ADSM uses
approximately 2 CPU minutes per hour, with a small increase (around 1 minute)
when we do our backups at night. I assume that the CPU ADSM is using during
daytime is used for database maintenance, which, AFAIK, kicks in once every
hour.

Since we only do backups at nighttime, I would like to limit ADSM's use of
CPU for this database maintenance. If I could specify that I only wanted it
once a day (at 2 AM for instance), I figure that I can save at least 90%
of the CPU that ADSM is using.

My problem is that I can't find an option or a SET command to reduce the
database maintenance. Is there such an option or command?

If there is a good reason for doing the database maintenance once every
hour, I would also like to hear it, because I have to explain why ADSM
uses 3 times the CPU of HSM on our machine.

Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark