ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-09-05 05:13:33
From: Amadeus Forums <dehtpnmk AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 1994 05:13:33 EDT
From: Amadeus Forums AT MUCVM1 <dehtpnmk AT ibmmail DOT com>
Subject: Restoring from several SELECT backups.

Amadeus FORUMS for DAVID BLACK :

We wish to automatically run a full (SELECT) backup of some
 ORACLE backup datasets every night and to keep these for
 14 days.This doesn't seem to be a problem , but the restore
 is , how do you restore an old version or a version taken on
 a specific day? The DSMC and DSM commands do not have a version
 or date parameter and when in PICK or the GUI all you seem to be
 able to do is page through and select each individual file.

Our ORACLE administrator needs to be able to restore a whole set
 of files from a certain date and not miss any , which is easy
 with the selection method.

Does anyone do this or have any ideas how this can be accomplished?

Tia,
Dave Black                             osg023 at mucvm1
                                       dehtpz79 at ibmmail
                                       dehtpz79 AT ibmmail DOT com