ADSM-L

SI 1.2.3 - Hangs while Querying Product Information

2015-10-04 18:22:14
Subject: SI 1.2.3 - Hangs while Querying Product Information
I think we have run into this problem with upgrading to
SI 1.2.3 as well.

This happens when we tried to install our product on
the LAN server machine.
It appears that the "C:\OS2" and C:\OS2\SYSTEM" directories
on the LAN server have the "AD" attribute(s) attached to them.

Try doing "ATTRIB C:\OS2" and "ATTRIB C:\OS2\SYSTEM" and see
if you get the "AD" back.  If you don't, then your problem
is different then mine.

If you see "AD" on these directories, I think we have the same problem.
We got around this by removing the "AD" on these directories
using the "ATTRIB -A" then reinstall.

We did not have this problem with SI 1.2.2.
We are running OS/2 2.1 with LAN Server 3.0.
There is another problem related to this "AD" business.

Apparently, the "AD" is attached to the directories when
the LAN Admin. applies the "Access Control Profile" to these
directories.  Here is how we hit this other problem:

1) Install our product on the LAN server.  (Initial install)

2) Applied the "Access Control Profile" to the product directories.

3) Use SI to "update" the product at a later date.

4) The update fails with the "EPFIE132".  Seems like the
   SI gets confused by the "AD" and complains about not
   being able to create the product directory.  But this is
   an "update", the directories are already there from the
   initial install!?

We got around this by removing the "AD" from the product
directories.

Horace Tang
Horace Tang
ADSM Development