ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:22:14
To: I1017261--IBMMAIL ADSM Listserv appe
From: Byron D. Graham
      Kimball International, Inc.  (812) 482-1600 ext. 8953
      IBM Mail Exchange Id - USKIMWVM
Subject: problems backing up Novell server with CD attached
We seem to be having problems in trying to backup our Novell file server.
This server has a CD unit attached to it and during the backup, the
server seems to lock up when ADSM attempts to backup this drive.
I was wondering if anyone else has had any experiences with something
like this.

  The ADSM log just shows it backing up the last good file, and then the
file server just croaks.  No other messages are available at least
that I've been made aware of.

The CD attached to the server is a "Micro Design" CD. The software driving the
CDs is "SCSI Express".

Thanks for any tips/suggestions.