ADSM-L

OS/2 Client Install via CID: EPFIE188

1994-08-10 16:07:56
Subject: OS/2 Client Install via CID: EPFIE188
From: "Dwight M. McCann" <DWIGHT AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 1994 13:07:56 PDT
I am attempting to install an ADSM OS/2 Client via CID.  I am a naive
Lan Manager/CID user.  I have modified the CIDINST.CMD and the
ADSMRESP.DAT files per the OS/2 User's Guide, p. 9ff, but CIDINST fails
with the following message in the ErrorLog:

EPFIE188:  The file ('S:\CID\RSP\ADSM\ADSMRESP.DAT') is in use and cannot
be accessed, or cannot be found.

However, I am able to 'type' and 'e' this file using the identical path
name from the client machine with no problem.  My OS/2 Client software is
IP20148.  I am running LM3.0 IP07045 with CID installed by a now departed
(not dead, just went to work elsewhere) co-worker.

Dwight M. McCann
Information Systems & Computing
University of California at Santa Barbara  93106
(805) 893-3113