ADSM-L

ML2 server for DFSMS/VM

1994-08-09 17:04:13
Subject: ML2 server for DFSMS/VM
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 1994 14:04:13 MST
Arty,

DFSMS/VM usage of ADSM for ML2 has been heavily tested and
is also in use at a number of customer sites (the number is low
since few customers seem to be exploiting the Shared File System).

If you need assistance getting setup, etc., please contact Dave
Minch (602-799-3017, minch AT vnet.ibm DOT com) or myself, Greg Tevis .,
(602-799-4077, gtevis AT vnet.ibm DOT com).  We would be happy to
work with you to get you going.

Thanks...Greg Tevis

Hi,

   Has anyone succeeded in using ADSM as a ML2 server for DFSMS/VM?
I have all the pieces bolted together in the right combination, but
something in ADSM doesn't seem to want to enable ML2 migration.

   I applied the ML2 "enablement" service to DFSMS.  ML1 migration
works just great.  ADSM works fine too and is servicing a number of
our local workstations (I want to use the same ADSM server for ML2
and for PC backups).

Any ideas?

Thanx,
Arty

P.S. I read through that nice WSC "Red" book and things still don't want to
     work.