ADSM-L

New User Query

1994-07-29 11:58:01
Subject: New User Query
From: Herschel Browne <HERSCH AT AMERICAN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 11:58:01 EDT
Hello. I posted the following query on a couple of newsgroups, and
someone was kind enough to point me in the direction of this mailing
list. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

We've just installed the ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager and are now
We've just installed the ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager and are now
trying to figure out just how we're going to use it. We're running the server on
MVS 4.2.2, with clients on Unix machines and eventually clients on Novell
 servers.

One thing we've noticed is that ADSTAR  doesn't seem very friendly when it comes
to using it for disaster recovery, as it lacks a "full-backup" approach in its
 repertoire.
I was wondering if anyone out there is using it, and if so, are you using it for
disaster recovery planning, or just for the file recoverability that seems to be
 its
focus? More generally, are you satisfied with it? Any gotchas or helpful hints?

yours,

Herschel Browne
American University