ADSM-L

Backing up and restoring Novell Volinfo

1994-07-27 16:00:07
Subject: Backing up and restoring Novell Volinfo
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 16:00:07 EDT
We are in the process of migrating the files from one Novell server
to another using ADSM.  We backed up all the files on the old server
and are restoring them to the new one.  Some of these restores are
failing because the users' volume restrictions are exceeded.  For
those users, we increased the volume restrictions on the old server
and did another incremental backup.  When we restored to the new
server, we don't seem to have gotten the new volume restrictions.

Does an incremental backup always save the volume restrictions?  (We
are using the very latest Novell client.)  If not, what should we do
when we change the volume restrictions to make sure they have been
backed up?