ADSM-L

High DISK and RAM usage

1994-07-18 15:01:37
Subject: High DISK and RAM usage
From: Ron Ritchey <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 14:01:37 CDT
We have the ADSM server running on VM and a client running on one
of our OS/2 LAN servers. I was getting TCP communication errors so
I increased the TCPWINDOWSIZE from 8 to 16. This reduces how often
I received the error. So I increased it to 20. Now TCPBUFFSIZE is 30
and TCPWINDOWSIZE is 20. This morning I can in and the LAN server
DISK, RAM, and paging were running at 100% with a 30Mb swapper.dat.
When I killed ADSM, it dropped back to normal values. Any ideas?

Thanks for your response in advance...

| Ronald W. Ritchey                    Systems Programmer/Analyst      |
| University of Nebraska               Internet: OSG0312 AT unlvm.unl DOT edu |
| 235 Nebraska Hall                    BITNET:   OSG0312@unlvm         |
| Lincoln NE, 68588-0521               Phone:    (402)472-7605         |