ADSM-L

Mac ADSM and Mac Word Perfect?

1994-07-13 14:37:24
Subject: Mac ADSM and Mac Word Perfect?
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 11:37:24 PDT
Re: Note from you attached below

>One of my users of ADSM is having problems running Word Perfect for the Mac
>when ADSM is or maybe just has been active.  She's having trouble nailing
>down exactly under what conditions she gets failures, but there seems to be
>a high correlation with ADSM use.
>
>Is anyone out there running ADSM and Word Perfect on the same Mac?  If so,
>successfully, or only after jumping through hoops?

Well, I don't have Word Perfect for the Mac.  I wouldn't think there would
be any incompatabilities between ADSM and WordPerfect.  Could it be
your user is running a time consuming task with WordPerfect (such as
spell checking a large document on a slow machine)?  If WordPerfect
doesn't give up the CPU during this time, then ADSM can starve, and
the TCP/IP connection can time out.  If this were the case, you could
increase the COMMTIMEOUT value on the ADSM server - I believe the
default is 60 secs.

Hope this helps...

Brett Walker