ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/6000 Performance Figures

1994-06-29 15:04:01
Subject: Re: ADSM/6000 Performance Figures
From: HENRY FEDERAU - MUTUAL GROUP <hfederau AT WATSERV1.UWATERLOO DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 15:04:01 EDT

> Anyone have typical performance figures for ADSM/6000 which they'd be willing
> to share? I'm most interested in single session effective data transfer rates
> and server CPU utilization as well as how they compare with what's achieveable
> using the VM or MVS-based versions.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

We have been seeing about 13 to 21 MB / min on a 320H. Server CPU utilization
is not known at this time as there are other clients running. This is with
an MVS server, over token ring through a 3172 M1 gateway. Improvements would/
should be possible with a 3172 M3 gateway I would imagine.

| Henry Federau                    | E-mail: hfederau AT watserv1.uwaterloo DOT
ca   |
| Technical Services               | Voice:  519-888-3900 x2788               |
| The Mutual Group                 | Fax:    519-888-2990                     |
| Waterloo, Ontario Canada         | Yes, it gets warm here too!              |