ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:23:01
To: I1017261--IBMMAIL ADSM Listserv appe
From: Byron D. Graham
      Kimball International, Inc.  (812) 482-1600 ext. 8953
      IBM Mail Exchange Id - USKIMWVM
Subject: ordering fixes via ibmlink
I tried ordering some client fixes (IP20145, IP20148, IP20150) via
IBMLink, and even though I didn't think it would be available electronically,
I tried anyway. So I put 'ELEC' as the primary media and 'DK3H' (3-1/2" disk)
as the alternate media.

My orders were rejected because the fixes weren't available on the requested
media. What purpose does it serve to have a field there for 'alternate media'
if they aren't going to use it ?

Whenever I order a fix (VM) that is too large for electronic shipment, it
will change automatically to the alternate (3480 tape). I thought (gosh, I
don't know why !) that this method would also work if the fix just wasn't
available in ELEC format.

Does this bug anyone else ? I know this is an IBMLink glitch rather than
ADSM, but wondered if anyone else had complained to the IBMLink people
about it.

I guess while I'm complaining, the other thing that bugged me was that it
wouldn't let me order all of these fixes in the same order. I had to place
one order for the Windows client fix, one for the OS/2 fix, one for the
Netware fix, and one for the VM server fixes. Again, an IBMLink glitch,
but is there anything the ADSM folks can do to work with IBMLink to get
this process a little cleaner ?