ADSM-L

ADSM's Pricing Methodology

1994-05-25 21:02:55
Subject: ADSM's Pricing Methodology
From: "Dinese D.C. Christopher" <dinese AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 18:02:55 PDT
A few appends ago, there were some questions regarding why and how ADSMs
pricing structure came to be.  The following statement is in response to
those inquiries.:

Customer studies, user groups and press reports have all demonstrated
that the marketplace requires software prices to be flexible, adaptable
and scalable based upon both the needs of the customer and their
perception of value associated with each product offering.  The pricing
of ADSM reflects such a philosophy; it allows for a low entry price
attractive to new customers just starting with the product, yet allows
customer growth to full utilization over time based upon the amount of
data under ADSM's control.  This meets the market's demand for usage-
based prices for our offerings.

We review our pricing models and structure on an ongoing basis to ensure
that we respond to both the changing marketplace needs and customer
requirements.

Should you have any ADSM PRICING ONLY questions/concerns, please send an
Internet message to ADSTARSW @ VNET.IBM.COM.  An IBM representative will
call you back directly to discuss your needs.

Dinese Christopher