ADSM-L

ADSM, Novell, and MVS

1994-05-25 14:36:38
Subject: ADSM, Novell, and MVS
From: Diane M Ashby <D-ASHB AT VM1.SPCS.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 13:36:38 CDT
I'm testing ADSM with Novell and in attempting the "load dsmc incremental"
command I receive error message ANS4990E, "User xxx does not have supervisory
privileges on 'server-name'."  Does this truly mean I have to have supervisor
or supervisor equivalent rights to do incremental backup on Novell?  It seems
extreme; and is it true for all the other "load" commands?  --Diane

DIANE ASHBY                       d-ashb AT vm1.spcs.umn DOT edu
SYS SOFTWARE SUPPORT              d-ashb.uminn1.bitnet
UNIV of MINN, SUITE 660           VOICE: (612) 624-4889
1300 S 2ND ST MPLS,MN 55454       FAX:   (612) 626-1332