ADSM-L

ADSM and VM

1994-05-20 16:52:12
Subject: ADSM and VM
From: Sebastian Welton <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 15:52:12 EST
We shall shortly be installing ADSM on our MVS system in order to backup
a series of SUN workstations onto a Comparex 6388 ACL (robot system).
However, in keeping with our current automation trends we also need to
perform our daily VM backups to our robot. The problem is that the ACL
software is unavailable to support our VM system therefore we cannot use
the ACL for VM. The question is, will it be likely that in the near future
(as I understand that it isn't possible now) to have MVS as the server,
running ADSM, and to have VM as a client?

Thanks in advance.

Seb

p.s. If I've made any glaring mistakes in the above then sorry, only I've
     just been given ADSM to look at and I'm still not too 'au fait' with
     it.

 S.J.Welton  MVS & VM Operations and Automation Analyst ECNOD/CS/MGCS
 European Space Operations Centre (ESA), 64293 Darmstadt, Deutschland
 [email protected] | DE27PSNP@IBMMAIL | Telephone  ++49 6151 902570
 C=DE;A=DBP;O=ESOC;S=WELTON;G=SEBASTIAN   site=ESOC  username=SWELTON