ADSM-L

Mac's Move&Rename folder.

1994-05-19 19:45:05
Subject: Mac's Move&Rename folder.
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 16:45:05 PDT
Re: Note from you attached below

Keith,

If you got a Data Unavailable on server, then that was an error passed back
from the server.  It means either:
1) the file was temporarily involved in a reclamation operation
2) server encountered a read error
3) or the data was corrupted.

My guess is that the data for that folder (the access privileges) was
involved in the reclamation process (I assume you were restoring from
tape).  You would never get the data unavailable error from any error on
the Mac file system.

It's true that we backup the Move&Rename folder by default.  You can
exclude it in the ADSM Preferences file so that none of the files inside
it (if there are any) get backed up.  However, we still backup the actual
folder entry, and the access privs associated with it.  However it
doesn't cause any problems to restore it.  The system usually doesn't
even care about it.

We do display invisible files, because you want to be able to backup/restore
them.  Good example is the Icon file in a folder that changes the icon
for a folder.  This is an invisible file which you want restored.

Hope this helps...

Brett Walker