ADSM-L

Re: restricting unix users from backing up files

1994-05-13 11:10:14
Subject: Re: restricting unix users from backing up files
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 15:10:14 GMT
In <1994May7.170633.3939 AT draper DOT com>, spikes AT vnet.ibm DOT com (Jim
Smith) writes:
>Several folks have shown interest in ADSM being able to explicitly restrict
>UNIX users from backing up files and only allowing the users to restore
>data.  I have opened a requirement for this (requirement #940507095137).
>
>Thanks for your responses ...
>   Jim Smith
>   ADSM support

 Is this list a new vehicle for submitting requirements?  I think it
would be great if it is.  What does IBM think about this?  If we
posted items explicitly titled 'proposed requirement', would that
help?  Filling out PASR's is a pain and I have been told by an SE that
he has a new facility on his network in place of PASR's (I haven't
seen it on IMlink yet.)  And SHARE isn't frequent enough and the
discussion time is short.

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Email: BColwell AT draper DOT com